Elysium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Stand

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Last Stand - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Stand

Post  Atrum Veneficus Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Kyo would see they were loading the ships and he took out a wrapped football sized object. He would give it to the soldiers and say "Put this on a ship and be careful with it." Selah would know it.
Atrum Veneficus
Atrum Veneficus

Back to top Go down

Post  Arian Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Upon the horizon was a large black ship sailing at higher speeds than the Lux fleet, its sails were ripped and torn yet it managed to move faster and reach the shores with enough time for the military company to unload and to set sail once more to keep the civilians a safe distance away from the battle. The company was split into three units of twenty-two men headed by generals Nasaka Rika, Kurou Kazuya, and Hagurashi Naraku. The units rushed to the Kyanite position, anyone would recognize their uniforms as Arian soldiers as they moved toward them and the kyanites would likely not attack them. Kazuya addressed his allies from a distance, trying to position his men to take the blunt of the Lux forces.

"Kyanon, we have come to aid your people, go now and survive and we will remain behind as your rear guard." Arian Soldiers were known for their selfless sacrifice long before the wars with Lux Lucis and that had not changed, they were willing to die in the place of any survivor so that they may have a chance to live on in this world.

Last edited by Arian on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arian
Arian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atrum Veneficus Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Kyo looked at selah "We cant just let them die for us, i know you wont let them either, but we need a distraction so we can get more people out of here."
Atrum Veneficus
Atrum Veneficus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:44 pm

The Kyanites gladly accepted their Arian allies into the defense forces. They didn't expect them, but they were certainly a welcome sight when Lux Lucis was just over the horizon. Selah shouted out to them.

"No, we will stay and fight with you, honorable soldiers of Arian! We shall stand alongside you, or we will not stand at all! What supplies do you need? We are here to hold these forces back long enough to leave Spero and find our people."

Tenja spoke over the comm to Selah. "Get your forces out of there, Selah. We have the chance, you'd be a fool not to take it. Let them sacrifice themselves."

Selah responded, increasingly irritated. "Last I checked, Tenja, you're not my damn superior. You're the fool to question ME. Arkasahn, are the communications arrays up yet?"

"Yes, Honorable General."

"Jam the systems so Lux can't track you, and try to get a signal from Arrakhesh's ship. Get as far north as you can and wait for orders. We'll hold them off long enough to get you enough distance and meet up with you when we can." Selah turned to Kyo. "Kyo, you saw them leave - where did Atrum take the survivors to?"
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Atrum Veneficus Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:47 pm

Kyo shook his head "They used a warp spell to get them there i dont know the coordinates we need to be on those ships i can re open it. But i WILL NOT leave you." He looked at the forces "We need to take them with us and go now, fight back while we are going"
Atrum Veneficus
Atrum Veneficus

Back to top Go down

Post  Arian Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:09 am

Kazuya yelled back to Selah and Kyo, having been present when Naoya teleported the Arian people to safety, he knew where the Atrumite warp went to.

"My lord Kyo, I can help you with the location but first get your people out of harm's way!!" The Arian soldiers were positioned at the head of the landing where lux would attack from, it was a matter of time before their first charge.
Arian
Arian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Atrum Veneficus Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Kyo nodded and yelled back "Alright! All i will need is a few seconds and i can re open the warp!" He looked at Selah "Whats the plan?"
Atrum Veneficus
Atrum Veneficus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Selah didn't hesitate. There was no time for them to load into the ships, but they couldn't withstand an assault on land either. Comparing the size of forces, she saw that they would easily be crushed if they stood their ground here, and they would have no time to escape from the harbor before Lux arrived.

She began shouting orders out across the battlefield, reacting as naturally as if she were born to do this.

"We hold them here! Kyanites, people of Arian, you will hold them back on the front lines with me! Kyo, Kazuya, we are the last hope of my people - even if all else fails, you two must make it to the ships at the northern islands to bring my people to Arrakhesh, no matter what! All others, advance to the rear! You have your orders, soldiers! Hold this harbor! Hold it until we can leave this damned place!"

The Kyanite artillery and tanks still on the ground positioned by the infantry to prepare for the incoming Lux attack. The fighter planes in the distance were seen winging by, gliding into position and preparing to meet the Lux forces head-on. Bombers shot forward overhead, high above the incoming enemies, and angled themselves down to wait until they were close enough to strike. The battle was only moments away and the Lux were coming into range.

Selah's voice rang out over the noise of the forces about to clash.

"HONOR! Order from the ashes, to the wind! HONOR TO KYANON!"

Every single Kyanite - the infantry, the gunners, the war-hound handlers, the combat medics, everyone that heard Selah's battlecry - shouted back proudly, and in a matter of seconds, the battlefield was filled with the rumbling, thunderous shouts of hundreds of Kyanites ready and willing to die for their people.
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Atrum Veneficus Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:14 am

Kyo nodded "Alright lets do this. Quickly. I need to open that warp then come and help hold back lux lucis." He would go and prepare to open the rift getting the area he was casting the spell in prepare. He yelled that along with all the other kyanites, selah may hear him. He yelled it like one of them, proud of the name.
Atrum Veneficus
Atrum Veneficus

Back to top Go down

Post  Arian Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Kazuya prepared his troops for the battle at hand, lux was closing in and in a matter of seconds they would have to fight for their lives.
"Listen, listen to the kyanites, they do not fear death and neither will we. Push through this day and great honor will fall upon you when we reach home and in the next life. Cry out with them, we are one nation now, a nation of survivors! You hear me say, 'Order from the ashes, to the wind!' honor in life and death! Say it now, we are one nation against another, 'Order from the ashes, to the wind!'" He turned and glanced to Naraku and without words Naraku bowed and spoke calmly.

"Understood my Lord, I will do as you wish." he carried on silently from there as Kazuya followed Kyo to open the gate. "Honor in death, no civilian or survivor shall die in vain here." Naraku muttered under his breath as the Lux forces came closer to reaching the shore.
Arian
Arian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lux Lucis Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:31 pm

The lux lucis ships approached and saw the soldiers preparing themselves on the beach. One of the soldiers said to their commander "Sir, resistance forces have been sighted. Should we bombard the beach?"

The commander of the fleet scoffed "Let these heathens feel our wrath up close. Show them all the way to hell."

A loud voice would boom over speakers on the ships "Heathens, give up! Surrender and we will spare your pitiful lives!" As they said this they prepared to launch landing craft full of grey knights and basic soldiers as bible verses of a more violent nature rang out from the boats to both demoralize and frighten enemies and boost the morale of thier troops.

Ezekiel 9:6 "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women . . . "

Isaiah 13:16 "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished."

Deuteronomy 13:15 "Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly . . . "

"Take all the heads of the people and hang them up before the Lord against the sun.” book of numbers

To Fear the Lord is wisdom” --Job 28:28

“He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them.” Psalms 78:49

“Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger...” -- Isaiah 13:9

“The Lord is a man of War!” Exodus 15:3
Lux Lucis
Lux Lucis

Back to top Go down

Post  Arian Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:51 pm

Naraku stared unphased through the eyes of all the troops, scanning each one for it's strength. He listened carefully to their hymns of their faith.

" 'God of war' " he said in disbelief. "Your God preaches peace of all nations in the world under the rule of one who will rein for a thousand years. 'The son of man came not to judge but to be judged.' quoted from your lord, you disgust me, twisting a religion to fit your ambitions. Your 'God of war' against mine, let him send you to the seventh level of of the third hell."
Arian
Arian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:57 pm

The Kyanites could hardly be phased less by the quotes and religious doctrine. Selah scoffed.

"Nothing awaits them in their graves but blackness and dishonor." She tapped her comm. "Are they in range?"

"Yes, Honorable Warrior-Marshal."

She muttered. "Good. I've waited all day to ruin their shit."

At Selah's command, the bombers moved into range and began to open fire. They were small and swift, able to evade many anti-aircraft attacks as they began striking the boats that were landing on the shore and any troops that were starting to disembark. They kept the pressure on to make it difficult for Lux to disembark and engage. The bombers would make swift passes, launching themselves forward, bombing, and then arcing back to the safety of their support artillery out of range of Lux's defenses.
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Lux Lucis Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:07 am

The ships would begin firing their incredibly advanced AA cannons at the bombers and would deploy thier own fighter attempt to chase down and destroy the bombers before they caused more significant damage to the landing parties. One ship would deploy one of its main cannons arrays and begin to fire on the beach, no longer having the same 'honor' to fight up close they did earlier. Their morale was still slightly broekn since the loss of Azrael.
Lux Lucis
Lux Lucis

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:19 am

A few of the bombers were lost, but the others pulled back to safety and waited for another chance to strike. They had at least bought the resisting army some more time. The main cannon array from the ship was met with a line of well-defended Kyanite artillery at the back lines, which opened fire on the Lux ships with enough force to hold them back for just a bit longer. The Lux cannons were about to come within range of the beach and open fire on the Kyanite and Arian infantry, which had little defense against heavy, large-scale firepower.
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Atrum Veneficus Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:28 am

As lux lucis fired on the artillery huge gusts of wind would screw the trajectory of the shells as walla of earth erupted from the ground blocking the shells from hitting the Kyanite formations. From nearby woods La'sain and Cloch and thier team of elite Drui warriors come from the woods and would now aid in the effort La'sain said nothing as he went with his team. Cloch said to Selah "Its good to see you again General. No better circumstances than before though im afraid." He saw how they stood their ground and would fight honorably "Glad to see you took my advice." he said coldly and distantly as he walked forward from her. He said through the earth his voice sounding deep and booming " The indulgence of your lives, has cast a shadow on the earth, your devotion to your ambition, has betrayed you all.An apocalyptic plight. More destruction will unfold. Mother Earth will show her darker side and take her toll." The seas began to roil and the winds would howl a storm forming near and above the lux lucis ships.
Atrum Veneficus
Atrum Veneficus

Back to top Go down

Post  Arian Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:52 am

Accompanying the Druid warrior were two Vaiton survivors by the names of Ephilas and Kayt. They were both on horse back, riding slowly and halting the horses beside Selah.

"What must we do?" Ephilas questioned abruptly. "We will help in any way that we can!"

Kayt stayed quiet with a worried look about her, she search the beach nervously.
Arian
Arian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:30 am

The Kyanites saw the survivors of Vaiton and Drui approaching, and Selah and her guards came out to meet them as the rest of the Kyanites held their ranks.

"I see that more honorable warriors of Spero have come to join us in our fight." Selah knew that the Drui would hold their own, but she didn't know Ephilas and Kayt of Vaiton yet. "All who are able to fight, you can join the ranks with our warriors or make yourselves useful somehow. If you want to help, then come and fight alongside Kyanon. We are holding the Lux Lucis off until we can leave this place."
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Atrum Veneficus Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:36 am

As lux lucis made thier full attack and drops ships began to unload soldiers kyo was already opening the warp, now he just was working on keeping it stable so the people could get out through it. Kyo would use the information from the Arian who came with him and he would be nearly done now. He called to selah "Im nearly done! you shouldnt need to actually get into much of a battle if everything goes correctly!"
Atrum Veneficus
Atrum Veneficus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:47 am

The bombers swept in once more, unleashing brutal attacks on the vulnerable soldiers which were unloading. The artillery also began opening fire, concentrating on where the soldiers were disembarking at. Every moment they held Lux off was valuable, they just had to hold out long enough to get everyone through the warp.

"Keep working, Kyo!" Selah rerouted some of the forces to the back towards the warp so that they could guard it and ensure a safe getaway. The area where Kyo was working was now surrounded with soldiers guarding him and everyone who was helping him. The area was secured, even as Lux was drawing closer and closer. Selah and the remaining units waited for Lux to break through their attacks and advance upon them, and they were willing to hold them back for the others to get through the warp in time.
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Atrum Veneficus Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:50 am

Kyo shook his head as he worked "No damnit, go to front! i can handle this any lux who comes near me wont live long enough to disrupt the warp! they need you more than me!" the lux lucis forces fired more and more and the drui were only so much help against these odds.
Atrum Veneficus
Atrum Veneficus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:54 am

The Kyanite soldiers had their orders, and they continued protecting Kyo and the warp. They wouldn't abandon their Warrior-Marshal's commands.

At Selah's command, another section of artillery opened fire, and huge RPG's and explosives streaked across the coastline where Lux was trying to land. Some of the grassland was set ablaze, and rubble from the Lux buildings crashed down, making it even more difficult for the infantry to get a foothold in the area. Several tanks moved into position at the sides, blasting from within the cover of the fort at the Lux troops which were unloading onto the shore.
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Atrum Veneficus Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:59 am

Kyo heard a familiar streaking across the sky and he yelled "SCATTER BOMBER EVERYONE MOVE!!" he would form a shield around where he was not able to get to selah without the warp becoming unstable.

The bomber streaked above them and launched two volleys of 6 plasma bombs down on the artillery batteries before quickly turning around being incredibly fast and agile.
Atrum Veneficus
Atrum Veneficus

Back to top Go down

Post  Arian Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:18 am

Naraku looked to the skies and unhesitatingly focused his energy toward the bombs, he pulled three of them away from the survivors and threw them back toward the Lux ships.
"Take over!" he ordered his men quickly while staying in the open and trying to create a barrier of energy. Using his power like this would cause the affect of the bombs to only harm him if they exploded nearby.
Arian
Arian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:51 am

The Kyanites had little defense against the bombs. The artillery was hit the hardest, losing a few vehicles and pieces of artillery, but with Kyo and Naraku's efforts the attacks were less devastating than they would have been otherwise.

Two artillery launchers equipped with SAM targeting capabilities took aim for the bomber and launched rapid-fire shots which had been designed to take down or disable swift aircraft like the lighter assault planes that nations like Oniyx and Lux had used before. If the plane was quick enough to move out of range or had stronger armor than usual, it may dodge the missiles or be strong enough to take the hits.
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum