Elysium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audience with the Chief

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Audience with the Chief Empty Audience with the Chief

Post  Shilain Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:37 pm

The sun had just set of the Kyanite camp, the cold winds that were accustom to this place began to pick up. it howled loudly through the caves of the mountainous region of the island. From there, it traveled through the brush and into the forest. It passed through the trees and with it, it carried the scent of Arrakhesh's people to the chief of Ammarok. Kesare had returned some time before and addressed her father whom was old and weak. She had not however, informed her brother of their precess and this angered him. He petitioned his father for a war party.

"Father, we must rid our lands of these nasty outsiders! Can't you see father, they will be just like the other, they will take advantage of our people and when we are of no use they will slaughter us as before! Please father, allow me to war with these barbarians and protect our people," he spoke rudely to him as his father let alone the chief.

The chief spoke sternly,
"No, we will not war with these people. Kesare has informed me of the situation, they are of a weak tribe who has fled from another. Warring with weak spirited people such as they are will only have them lay down to be killed."

Angered he lashed out,
"FATHER...!!!"

"That's enough my son, your sister has left to show them here so that we may welcome them properly. You will not be harsh with their leaders when they arrive, understood?"

"Yes, father." he said as he left, letting the leather flap fall on its own. He paced furiously outside his father's room and under his breath he would say, "I swear, I'll show them my beast form when they arrive."

Through the trees the Kyanites would hear faint footsteps approaching. Kesare walked into the clearing before changing to her human form and waited until a guard approached her.

"Tell Chief Arrakhesh that I have come as I had promised. He may bring whomever he likes with him for his Audience with our Chief." she smiled, baring her fangs again. She didnt seem to know that it intemidated normal humans.
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Audience with the Chief Empty Re: Audience with the Chief

Post  Kyanon Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:55 pm

The Kyanites had finished setting up for the night when the soldier with Kesare's message approached Arrakhesh in the camp. He came out again to meet with her, and saluted her when he saw her. He didn't seem intimidated, although a few of the other Kyanites did.

"Honorable Kesare, I am glad that you have come. I will gather my emissaries immediately and we'll prepare to leave."

He had no idea of the unrest his presence had already caused amongst the Amarok tribe. His soldiers went to fetch some of the other Kyanites while Arrakhesh and Kesare spoke.
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shilain Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Kesare walked over to a stump at the edge of the treeline. She sat down gracefully, crossing her leg like a proper lady. Her hazel eyes were watching Arrakhesh, she brushed her hair back behind her ear which was slightly pointed.

"I'll wait here for you to get ready."
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:13 pm

The soldier returned a few short moments later. There was a group of fifteen guards - five elite soldiers, and ten infantry - who accompanied him along with three other Kyanites of the Royal Family. He chose his three most trusted advisors of the surviving Sheikhs. The first was Sheikh Tyrone, dressed neatly in a sleek formal jacket. Sheikh Sy'Andarah stood next to him, wearing a simple floor-length dress with blended designs that were the color of fire and sand, and her long, cornrowed hair was adorned with a few golden beads. Sheikh Serik wore his hair in messy dreadlocks tied back behind his head along with a neatly wrapped top and plain, baggy pants. Arrakhesh himself wore an embroidered tunic of red, gold, and black proudly baring the emblem of Kyanon, with his hair tucked back neatly. Even in their desperate situation, the Kyanites presented themselves well. Each of them respectfully offered Kesare a salute, and then Arrakhesh spoke.

"Honorable Kesare, these are three of my Sheikhs and advisors. This is Sheikh Tyrone, my ambassador and Domestic Policy Advisor. This is Sheikh Sy'Andarah, another ambassador and my Foreign Affairs Advisor. And this is Sheikh Serik, my Royal Representative."

Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shilain Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Kesare stood and greeted all of them.

"It is good to meet you, come now, you are all ready are you not? We must make haste to the village, its not too far from here." She glanced at Arrakhesh, looking him over and evaluating him. She had seen a silent strength not found in most people. She turned and awaited their response.
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:53 pm

They all greeted Kesare politely and gratefully. They were all glad to have found a friend in this new land, although some of the Kyanites were more wary and skeptical of the Shilain's quickly-established friendship than others who seemed to trust them already.

Arrakhesh sensed something within Kesare. She was not like anyone he had met before, and yet it seemed that her strength, and perhaps the strength and pride of all the Shilain people, somehow connected their cultures together and gave them a mutual understanding with Kyanon. He spoke confidently to her.

"Yes, Honorable Kesare. We are ready."

He nodded towards his small delegation, and they followed behind him as he walked with Kesare.
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shilain Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:41 am

Kesare looked back over her shoulder and caught Arrakhesh's gaze and the look in her eyes beckoned him to walk along side her. She watched him walk behind her with a strong presence that couldn't be mistaken. She poke softly so that the others may not hear.

"Come, a strong man such as yourself shouldn't be shamed by walking behind a woman," she smiled. " You're the type that can lead a nation, one much larger than what you have. I'm sure my father will see this strength in you."

They would enter the forest where the paths were narrow and the trees were close together, should anyone stray far from the group they might have gotten lost in the woods. Above were light green leaves and dark brown bark of trees all around them, below were dark mosses, grasses, ferns and wildflowers that had closed for night. Chills filled the air as they walked along, the wind steadily increasing strength and decreasing in temperature. The trees made moaning and rushing noises as they passed them by, as if they themselves were living beings that were trying to communicate. through the clearings of the leaves they would see sparse clouds across the dark blue skies that was scattered with stars and lights, far more than any would see in other regions. Kesare would look to the skies and sang a melody soft and beautiful in her native language. Somehow, all who heard it would know what the words meant though they were in a different language.

"Ah, the beauty of the night. These stars that guide us all and the full moon to light the way. We thank thee for your sacrifice Katiya, (He who sacrificed himself to become the light of night) Moon. You became light for us all during the cold night when Qannai, Sun was grieving and would not rise. You gave your life and must die and be reborn in your phases, a curse no one but you chose accept. They all denied it and no one stepped forward but you, a crippled warrior who had done nothing but defend his people, our people. You chose to become the Moon when the Sun grieved, you suffer the pain of dying repeatedly, your forever suspended away from your people as you guide them through the dark nights when the sun sets to grieve. We pray for you Katiya, when you die once again at he New Moon, and praise you when you return. You are forever one of us and non of us will forget the suffering you took upon yourself to guide your people, our people."

(Not written as an English song so it doesn't rhyme.)
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:31 am

Arrakhesh stepped up next to Kesare, walking alongside her, as the others followed along behind.

"There is no shame in walking behind a woman. At least, not one like you." He chuckled.

No one strayed far enough from the group to get lost. Most of the Kyanites looked around curiously, as few of them had ever seen anything close to this type of environment. Even when they inhabited Spero, very few Kyanites ever ventured beyond the borders of Drui, and they had only seen the forests in the distance. The thick forests were a completely new world to them. Arrakhesh seemed to have a silent admiration, even though he came no closer to understanding this place than any of the other Kyanites.

It seemed that, when Kesare began to sing, most of the Kyanites listened with some interest, as they had never heard a melody such as this before. It was completely foreign to them. Arrakhesh especially listened intently, hearing Kesare's soft and gentle singing for the very first time. He waited for awhile after hearing her sing just to hear the silence of the forest, and thinking of what to say to her. He glanced over at her as they walked.

"Kesare, that was beautiful. Is that...a prayer?"
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shilain Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:39 pm

She looked over to Arrakhesh with a slightly sad yet content look on her face.

"Your people may call it that. For us, we are connected to the spirits so they are not simply words we wish for them to hear. We speak to our ancestors and they to us so its not what most refer to as a prayer. Katiya, he was a brave warrior and he gave himself to suffer endlessly and yet live forever as the moon to guide his people. He suffers at daylight and dies when he sets before the new moon. We sing to him to remind him that we have not forgotten his bravery and to give him strength. It may be better if I show you what I mean, you will see when we get to the village."
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Arrakhesh nodded. He tried to understand it, but the whole concept seemed completely foreign to him. He stopped himself from asking any questions, and simply agreed that he would wait to get to the village.

"How far are we?"
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shilain Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:35 pm

By this time they had walked quite a ways from Kyanon's camp. The thick trees began to dissipate and reveal part of the ocean to the north of the island. One could barely see the other side from the shores, the red light of fire light through the trees there.

"We're close, just across the waters," she said as she walked a few steps ahead of the others and turned into her beast form. "You're choices are simple here, climb on, swim, or stay behind." She knelt down to allow them to use her fur to pull themselves up onto her back.
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:44 pm

The Kyanites all seemed a bit shocked - not only at her transformation, but at the fact that they'd have no other means of transportation besides...riding her.

Arrakhesh turned to look back at his Kyanites. "Well...what are you waiting on?" He carefully pulled himself up, trying not to hurt her. For most of the other Kyanites, this would have been far too outlandish...but at least Arrakhesh was willing to try.
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shilain Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:32 am

Kesare stayed down until the Kyanites had all made their way up her back. She spoke in an amused voice.

"Arrakhesh, you're aren't going to hurt me, I was struck by a few bullets before and managed. I think I can handle you pulling my fur a bit."
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:36 am

Arrakhesh smirked a bit.

"Very well, Kesare."

The others joined Arrakhesh and waited to begin their passage across the water.
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shilain Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:42 am

When they had all gotten onto her back she slowly and gently stood and walked into the water. It took little time for them to cross the massive river between the island and the camp. When they reached the other shore she knelt again.

"You can climb down or I can carry you the rest of the way, that's up to you and your people." they would see fires burning as markers for the outsiders to see their way. The camp was only a few miles from where they were and would not take long either way they traveled.
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:12 am

The Kyanites climbed off, some of them a bit more uncomfortable with the situation than the others. Arrakhesh climbs off last, admiring the natural beauty of Kesare's form for a moment. As the other Kyanites continue, Arrakhesh lingers near Kesare for a moment and speaks softly to her.

"To my people, the wolf is most honorable. The red wolf is the animal of our nation - our protector,the strongest and wisest of creatures, and the only animal worthy of the honor of Kyanon. The warriors of the forest."
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shilain Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:48 am

Kesare turned back to a human and walked past Arrakhesh to lead the others but paused when she was next to him. She spoke so softly that no one else would hear her.

"The red wolf, my fur is a red color, did that remind you of your old nation? I want to know more about you and your people. Come, we will talk privately in my tent when we arrive," she said while brushing back her hair. Then she continued on to lead the way through the forest lit with fire light.
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:52 am

Arrakhesh nods at Kesare. "As you wish."

The Kyanites continue to follow on along behind Kesare, quite out of place amongst the forest as they make their way towards the village.
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shilain Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:18 am

They arrived at a camp bustling with activity, they would see a large fire in a circle guarded by a male at the four directions. larges tents and teepees were arranged in circles around a large open space in the center. Each direction had an entryway leading to the center where the fire burns. People were carrying food, cloth, and herbs from one place to another. Many were offering food to the guests as they past by. Kesare looked around in disappointment.

"We've arrived, though it seemed the preparations have not yet been completed. My apologies, things will slow down once all the items of the feast have been delivered." They would see a leather flap open on one of the tents and a angry looking man stepped forth, helping an older gentleman out from his tent. Kesare ran forward to aid them and helped the man out.

"Father please, stay inside, I will bring them to meet with you," she pleaded with the old man.

"What kind of a host makes his guests enter his tent to greet him? Come daughter, you know our laws, we must greet our guests warmly and not force anything upon them," his voice seemed strong though his body was old and weak. Kesare bowed her head and agreed.

"I'm sorry father, forgive me, I only meant for you to save your strength."

"There is nothing to forgive, my daughter. You did what you thought best for my health." he spoke more cheerfully this time. The man who had helped him stayed hushed and glared at the outsiders with anger. The man walked up and offered his hands out with a bundle of healing herbs.

"Please accept these herbs, they will heal the wounds of your tired people. My name is Kaskae, I am the chief of this nation. Excuse my son for his distasteful look, he and I clashed earlier today and he is still upset."
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:26 am

The Kyanites had never seen a place like this - it was so different to them that some of them hardly knew how to react. It seemed a bit primitive compared to their culture, and some of the Kyanites were already biased against these people - but Arrakhesh gladly greeted his hosts.

"Thank you for having us, honorable chief. I am Arrakhesh of Kyanon." He also introduced Tyrone, Sy'Andarah, and Serik as his ambassadors and representatives of his people. He reached out carefully to take the herbs, unsure of what they were, but he was at least not naive enough to question this gift. "My people are most grateful to you for everything."
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shilain Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:33 am

Kaskae lead them over to a leather mat on the ground with foods and drinks of all kinds placed on it. There were meats, fish, vegetables, fruits, breads, and a honey-like fruit glazed dessert bread along with water, fruit juice, and wine. The sat down on the ground and offered with his hands for them to do the same.

"Come, enjoy the food and we can talk about our nations." Kesare took her place between the Kyanites and her father, leaving the other side for the brother who had yet to show kindness to these people.
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:36 am

Arrakhesh and the Royal Kyanites all took a seat, with Arrakhesh beside Kesare. The guards stand behind their leaders, completely alert and watching every movement in the village as if a threat may present itself at any moment.

"Thank you - yes, I would very much like to learn more of your nation."
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shilain Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:42 am

The chief offered out some of the fruit glazed bread to Arrakhesh.

"Here, my daughter's finest cooking is yours to enjoy. I would much like to hear of your nations as well, come now, I'm sure Kesare has told you some of our traditions." Kesare looked to her father and nodded.

"Yes father, but only some," she said then she turned to watch Arrakhesh, her eyes fixed on him and nothing else around her. "Do you like the bread? I made it before I left, it should still be warm on the inside."
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kyanon Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:50 am

Arrakhesh gratefully takes the bread. One of the guards steps forward, prepared to go ahead with the customary Kyanite taste-testing, but Arrakhesh clears his throat quite firmly and gives the soldier a stern glare as if he was scolding a small child for misbehaving. The guard steps back immediately, and Arrakhesh continues to take a bite.

"It's delicious." He returned Kesare's look for a moment, his eyes meeting with hers, and then turned back towards the others.

"I'll tell you all you wish to know of Kyanon. We're a small nation of survivors, and we have come to this land seeking a new home.

Sheikh Sy'Andarah spoke after Arrakhesh.

"Only a fraction of our population remains, but those of us who do are strong and determined to rebuild our nation and see it through unto all of its honor. We've come here from Spero as the descendants of a great nation, and of the honorable Royal Family."
Kyanon
Kyanon

Back to top Go down

Post  Shilain Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:30 am

Kaskae seemed interested but he kept himself reserved to allow them to speak freely. The man on the other side remained distant from the conversation and kept his angered glare fixed upon their guests. Kesare spoke in turn,

" Strength is needed for a nation to survive. What of your families, Arrakhesh, Shieks, do you have any, or sadly did they perish in the wars?"
Shilain
Shilain
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum